About Me

My photo
I am ME. That's all I really know how to do. Generally that involves taking something ordinary and making it fun, as I've done with the artwork here. I've done pencil drawing since I was very young, then branched into painting, and my current fascination is with collage. I can take a drawing and basically color it with paper. Really, how cool is that?

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Yoga and art stuff

Hello again! Day two of me keeping up with the blog. Today will be short, since I'm going to yoga in an hour. I don't really enjoy yoga, you understand, but I do it because I know I should. I have fairly serious scoliosis. Damn crooked spine robbed me of three inches! Anyway, some postures are intensely frustrating, but I know I'll get them if I stick to it.

So my Riding Rabbit painting didn't turn out quite like I was hoping. Here it is. It's not bad, but...it's cutesy. My others weren't quite like that. I'm not sure why this didn't work the same way. I think the positioning is off, which may have something to do with it. The good news is, the one I'm working on now involves two shaggy dogs on kiteboards, and so far it's going great! I got an art board as an early Valentine's Day gift from my husband, too, so I feel like I'm getting all professional and stuff.
The other thing I did today was see our family therapist with my husband. Normally she's there for Dorran, who has Asperger's, but every so often she likes to check in with just the two of us. Today I was the subject of scrutiny, due to my lack of a job, and frustration about finding and keeping one. I'm pretty low, I admit, and the harsh realities that were pointed out to me were deserved. I'll let that discussion percolate over the weekend and go to Michigan Works on Monday. I need to make something work, I know.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amy, So glad to see you blogging again! And I like the Riding Rabbit painting--wonderful use of color with the splash of vivid blue. Have a wonderful, peaceful weekend!

    ReplyDelete